Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break...until Thursday.

The students of KCA were on spring break this past week (as I may have mentioned) but I was busy exploring, doing lesson plans, and finally conquering my cough...with sleep of course and lots of prayer!

I believe I last updated you regarding my visit to the baby-house...that was Monday.

Tuesday I worked on lesson plans and visited the Seminary for the a little coffee break with my host, Superwoman Lois.

Wednesday was more lesson plans... and preparations for a small-scale adventure...

I left on Thursday to go visit another ministry site where SEND has units, the small city of Kremenchuk (and boy was it small). I rode for four and a half hours through the country on a "MARSHRUTKA" or little bus, and arrived in the evening. I was going to visit Lisa, a friend of mine from our pre-field orientation in Michigan last fall. When I arrived we went to Chelentano's, a Ukrainian pizza shop that rivals the best of America.

RANDOM STORY #1: While there, we ran into an American "freelance missionary" who spoke loudly and assumed it was fine to sit with us for his entire meal. Lisa and I had already finished and were about to leave when he decided we were his dinner company;). So we sat politely, listening to his random stories. We were never able to draw a conclusion about what exactly he does in Ukraine other than get robbed and work with "boyscouts," but it made for a funny story...pictures to follow!

No comments: