...and I feel like I've bloomed.
For lack of a better metaphor, the image of a plant, breaking through the frozen mud of Kiev describes my current state (as well as the state of the environment in which I am currently living). I've enjoyed my time in Kiev so far...but it has been hard to adjust to a new place in which I knew no one. Prior to my arrival here, I was SURROUNDED by people that I love...a constant support network encouraging me, loving me, and entertaining me for that matter. Coming here...I was alone. I shared this with some, but not all...and now I'm excited to report that not only has the Lord taught me about being by myself...being quiet...being accompanied by him...he has provided company, and I feel much more at home. This company is my students! Usually a teacher must be extremely conscious of boundaries and not becoming friends with the students. However, in a tight-knit and SMALL community such as KCA, it is seemingly inevitable to get to know your kids, well.
While I initially struggled with my co-operating teacher, her shell has cracked, and I feel like I am no longer a burden to her...but a relief, a help, a welcomed blessing. This happens to be her last year in Ukraine and she is struggling with the question of WHAT NEXT? Thus, my teaching her classes has seemed to lift much of the stress and planning, allowing her to focus her energies elsewhere in preparation for her return to the US.
Anyway...long story short...as I write to you at the conclusion of my 4th week at school, I look back at the initial stages of my acclimation...and am in awe of how drastically things have changed. Thank God.
The only bad thing to report is that I am yet again sick, and plagued with a cough. A very annoying, uncomfortable and seemingly disruptive cough.
As I go for runs in the afternoon, I like to stop and look up at the blooming dogwoods on the side of the dirty city roads with high-rises in the background, and think about God, and how He causes us to grow, He makes us bloom, no matter how frozen we are in our ways...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is music to my ears ... doing a little dance and so thankful that God is teaching you cool stuff in such a unique environment.
Welcome to the adult world. Glad for the lessons and praying that you will be strengthened in heart, mind and spirit . . . and healed in the body.
In Paris half of the people on the Metro were coughing. It's a nasty bug! I'm hoping the California desert sun burns the bug out of me. Wish I could ship you some heat and sunshine!
Post a Comment